A cookie is a small text file carrying bits of information about the activity of a user on a website and storing them on the device used to access the website. Cookies do not harm your device and allow us to offer you a better browsing experience and quicker response on our website. Any additional information, including that allowing us to serve you ads, shall only be stored upon your prior consent to be given by continuing to browse the website or by any of the means specified below.
Type of cookies we may use on the website
Our website may use both cookies that do not need your consent to be downloaded onto your device and cookies that can be downloaded only upon your prior consent.
- Technical Cookies (NOT requiring your prior consent): they are necessary for the operation of the website and give you access to the relevant features (browser cookies): these are mainly session cookies. We may also use functional cookies that enable us to save your preferences and settings and so enhance your browsing experience on our website (without limitation, by storing your identity as a registered user of the website when you select the “Remember me” feature, by directing you to the web pages in your chosen language or in the language of the country from which you access the website, by recording your preferences on whether you accept or not profiling cookies). To ensure proper operation of such cookies and ensure recording of your preferences, these cookies shall not be deleted when you finish browsing. Notwithstanding, these cookies shall have a validity period (not exceeding 2 years) beyond which they will be automatically deactivated. These cookies and information carried by them shall not be used for purposes other than those described above. Installation of technical cookies does not require your prior consent: we automatically set them on your device when you access the website or request specific features (for instance, when you click the “Remember me” feature). You may decide to disable cookies at any time by changing the relevant browser’s settings. However, this may prevent you from correctly displaying the website.
- Profiling cookies (requiring your prior CONSENT): our website also uses profiling cookies, which can only be installed upon your prior consent. In addition, our website may also set cookies belonging to third parties, always provided that you give your prior consent to the relevant installation. Such third parties may access the information collected through their cookies. Those third parties are:
- Google Inc. (through its services Google Analytics and Google Doubleclick and, where applicable, through the Google Plus plug-in)
- Facebook (through plug-ins)
- Twitter (through plug-ins)
- Pinterest (through plug-ins)
Profiling cookies may include, according to the definition of the European Regulatory Authorities for the protection of personal data, profiling cookies for advertising purposes, retargeting cookies, Social media cookies and analytic cookies other than those used only for aggregate statistical analysis.
Profiling cookies for advertising purposes: they create user profiles to serve ads that are in line with the preferences showed by users as they surf the web;
Retargeting cookies: they are used to serve ads relating to products that are similar to those into which you showed an interest (e.g. displaying pages on products that you have visited on our website when you browse affiliate websites) or to measure effectiveness of (our or third parties) marketing campaigns;
Analytic cookies: they record your choices and activity on our website to carry out statistical analysis, for us or for third parties, by tracking your preferences and browsing behaviour, and to serve customized ads to you;
Social media cookies: furthermore, our website allows certain social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) to install their own cookies by means of their plug-ins. Such cookies are directly managed by third parties and may also be used to serve ads to you that are in line with your preferences, when you browse other websites.
How to enable and disable cookies
All cookies (technical cookies and profiling cookies)
You may decide whether you want to allow cookies to be installed or not also by using your browser’s setting area. However, should you disable one or more cookies, certain features of this website may be impaired as a result (please bear in mind that browsing cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the basic features of the website). The browser configuration relating to this choice may be monitored and modified in your browser’s settings panel. Please select your browser among those below to receive information about how to modify the relevant cookie settings.
Third party cookies requiring consent
The installation of profiling, retargeting, analytic and social media cookies belonging to third parties, as well as any other activity relating to such cookies, including collection and processing of information, shall be the responsibility of such third parties. If you wish to learn more on such cookies and the third parties that may access the information collected or on how to enable or disable them, you may read the cookie policies of such third parties by clicking any of the following links:
- Google Analytics: [http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/]
- Google Doubleclick: [http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/]
- Facebook: [https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/]
- Pinterest: [https://policy.pinterest.com/en-gb/cookies]
- Twitter: [https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies]
In addition, certain advertising networks allow you to deny consent to customized communications. This will not prevent cookies from being installed, but will suspend the use and collection of certain data by the advertisers affiliated to the network. Please note that, although such networks include many of the leading advertising companies, a third party that sets cookies through the website may not belong to any such networks and, as a consequence, you may continue to receive cookies from said third party. If you wish to learn more on this matter, we invite you to visit the following address: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/.