Behind our delicious treats, there’s a lot of care and attention to the quality of every little detail.
Carefully selecting our ingredients.
Each ingredient is specially selected for its quality and taste to ensure our products always bring joyful moments to you and your family.
We start by selecting our suppliers and building long term relationships with them, working together to improve the quality of the ingredients we use.
We also make periodical audits at our suppliers’ production sites to ensure the safety and quality of our ingredients.
Carefully monitoring safety, quality and taste
Our treats are distributed and enjoyed in more than 170 countries and it is our priority to ensure they meet our standards of safety, quality and taste when they are consumed.
At every stage in the making of our little treats, our team of experts performs tests on the ingredients, the semifinished products, and finally on the finished products to ensure their safety and the best quality and taste.
Did you Know?
• Each year we carry out over 1,329,000 safety, quality and taste controls on our ingredients globally.
• We perform over 48,000 food safety and quality controls across our plants globally every year.
• Our quality-tasting panel involves over 2,000 testers around the world, to verify and guarantee the excellence and consistency of our taste. They carry out over 360,000 taste tests each year!
• To ensure you have the best taste experience, a dedicated team completes around one million store visits around the world each year to extensively monitor our products’ quality in store.
Our plant’s quality and certifications
Our delicious treats are produced in 18 different plants around the world, all managed through our rigorous quality system and subject to internationally recognised quality certifications such as the Food Safety System Certification, FSSC 22000.
The FERRERO plant in Arlon has reopened
On June 17th 2022, The Ferrero plant in Arlon, Belgium was granted conditional authorisation to restart its production lines. This reopening followed extensive cleaning and food safety controls conducted in close collaboration with the Belgian food safety authority (AFSCA). The plant will progressively restarting the production lines over the next few weeks.
More than 1,000 Ferrero employees and independent specialists have been working at the plant continuously. More than 1,800 quality tests have been completed, We’ve also updated the product safety protocols, trainings and sampling in the plant.
Listening to our consumers
We are always listening to our consumers around the world to learn about the ways they like to enjoy our little treats and ensure the taste and quality they love.
Did you know?
• Every year we conduct around 40,000 consumer taste tests and interviews globally on top of collecting consumers feedback, complaints, and requests through our online contact channels and systems.
All our products are made with carefully selected ingredients, that undergo thorough processes to maintain them at their best. We never use colours or preservatives.